Claire’s School Solutions strives assiduously to meet the following objectives:
• The prevention of unsuitable people from working with children and vulnerable adults.
• The promotion of safe practice. Poor and unsafe practices will be challenged.
We offer a safeguarding course annually in Summer Term to all teachers and support staff registered with us, where we employ a trainer from Derbyshire County Council to run the course. This is usually held in Belper close to our office. On our application form we also have the link for Keeping Children Safe in Education, which we ask all candidates to read and sign to say they have understood the document. We check this has been signed at registration.
All organisations and individuals who work with children and young people, or are involved in providing services for them have a duty to safeguard and promote their welfare. C.S.S. will do everything possible to prevent appointing people who may pose a risk to children.
Our Vetting Procedure
All candidates are fully vetted in accordance with the Department for Education guidelines and have their references checked before we recommend them to you.
the following checks are completed:
• An initial pre-screen via telephone
• Face to face interview with every candidate
• Medical fitness for work with children/vulnerable adults
• Proof of address using original documents dated within the last 3 months
• Proof of National Insurance number
• Entitlement to work in the UK using original documents
• Proof of Identify using original documents
• Visa requirements (where applicable)
• Full 10 Year education and employment history
• References covering a minimum of two years
• Original Qualification Certificates
• NQT induction status (where applicable)
• DBS Barred List Check, re-checked every 12 months for working candidates
• QTS check (where applicable)
• Prohibition & Sanctions Check via the NCTL website
• Induction Status via the NCTL website
• Enhanced DBS Disclosure via C.S.S. or if another agency then an online check using the DBS checking service, this will be re-checked every 6 months for working candidates
• Overseas police check (where applicable)
Regardless of the position, the above compliance checks will be undertaken; if the candidate does not meet our strict criteria they will not be offered any work. Should a candidate contravene any of these checks they will be removed from our register.
As a matter of course, we supply a confirmation of checks for all candidates, which comply with the most current vetting policies for schools.