2:1 Higher Level Teaching Assistant: –
We are looking for an experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support one of our warm and welcoming schools based in the Belper area. The latest Ofsted report states that this school received a ‘Good’ rating and it was said that the pupils express significant pride in their school. It is positioned at the heart of the local community and is extremely popular with parents and carers.
The role is to support two lower junior pupils with barriers to learning, therefore a HLTA with SEND experience is desirable. The suitable candidate would ideally be Makaton trained as one of the pupils struggles with communication. Both pupils are an absolute joy, very placid and eager to do well but working significantly below their age-related expectations. They will need supporting in their learning in the classroom by adapting the curriculum but also some session time out of the classroom.
The role is to work from Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 11am – 3pm.
The successful applicant will have a range of strategies to support learners of all abilities and provide excellent support for individual pupils.
For this role, it is essential to have:
* Minimum of a level 4 NVQ or CACHE Qualification or equivalent.
* Experience supporting SEND pupils
* Ideally Makaton trained
* Previous experience working in an education environment.
* Have an understanding of safeguarding.
* A passion for working and supporting children’s learning.
* Previous UK experience working in a Primary School environment.
* Strong communication skills that can be demonstrated by an ability to build relationships with other professionals.
* The ability to support the class teacher in motivating the children to create a stimulating learning environment.
Claire’s School Solutions is an equal opportunities employer.
Reference ID: TA/Jan22
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £80.00- £100.00 per day (depending on past experience)